Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tupac.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


To me, this man is the greatest hip hop entertainer of our generation. Not taking anything away for B.I.G, but to me, this man holds this title. Lately this CD pictured is all I've been listening to along with Thug Life Vol. 1, Makaveli, and choice songs from the Above The Rim Soundtrack and Poetic Justice Soundtrack. I say greatest entertainer because of his ability to act as well as be one of the elite rappers when he was living. I always say when a recording artist is acting in a movie, and they play their character so good that I actually forget who they are in real life, they are doing a good job. LL has been in a lot of movies and to me, the only time he achieved that fully was in "In too deep". I will say that I don't really care for Tupac's Death Row releases as much because to me they were on a different vibe. Not saying that I don't own them, but I feel that Me Against The World is Tupac's best album, and him at his realest form.His charisma also is something that a lot of our top recording artist don't have. As much as I like Jay-Z, he doesn't have Tupac's charisma. B.I.G in his last interview said that he was looking to do some acting, and only god knows how that would've went, but I couldn't see him in movies all like that because it would've been hard for me to see him as anything but Biggie. There have been certain artists that have tried to take pieces of Tupac's persona and applied them to themselves...i.e...Ja Rule, DMX, and even in some cases Wayne. There have also been countless dudes that have tried to sound like him as well....i.e...Ja Rule (again), DMX (again), and Master P, and C-Murder in certain instances. I also don't like the pieced together releases that are still coming out even though this man has been dead for 12 years. I know his family has to eat too, but having been a record store manager the last 3 years, I've heard youngsters (teens) say that they didn't feel that Tupac was that great, but these are kids who have only heard the new releases....unfortunately I've heard the same from kids about B.I.G too so to me, that is a downside. People throw around the word legend nowadays, but I truly believe he's one. Sure he always didn't make the best choices, right decisions, and at times his music even seems a bit contradictory, but he's a legend. I don't think we'll ever see someone like him again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to this guy at all. He does not know shit about shoes or rap, or the Lakers...


The 4-0 Hater (aka tupac look a like)

LOL.