Monday, October 20, 2008

Joyce Weathers 1925-2001. R.I.P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I Miss My Grandmother...she would've been 83 today if she was living. She passed away on October 8, 2001. The void that her and my Grandfather have left will never be filled. Every holiday was an event on E.143rd between Milverton and Kinsman because everyone around that way knew of my Grandmother and her magnificent cooking. It may seem silly but there are certain things that I still refuse to eat because she's not alive to cook.

My Grandmother is on the left, My GreatGrandmother is on the right.
Circa the early 40s.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I do however feel fortunate that I had her in my life for 20 years and 10 months. My Grandfather wasn't the same after her passing, and all of us that were close and knew that when he passed 9 months after she did, that he'd died of a broken heart. They were married for 56 years until her passing. I do know that they were both saved people that had been accepted Jesus as their personal saviours so I knew that they'd gone to a much better place than here. RIP.

My Grandparents in 1992.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Not a Great Pic, but my tatoo on my right arm in honor of them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today I was gonna wear my OG Playoff 8's, but I decided to retire them and start wearing the Retroes since I've only gotten a few wears out of them since they came out last December. I was blessed to handle my refund check situation and ran a few errands, but I didn't get to go to the Cemetary like I wanted to to visit my grandmothers grave. I spent some time with my dad and we shared some memories of my grandparents. I also filmed some more infomercials for him. Khrys called me specifically to argue about arguing with me both Saturday and Sunday which was fun (HEAVY SARCASM), but it did break up the boredum I was experiencing right before I started writing this.

I'm also bidding on some white/black/red DubZeros but my max bid is only $11.00...that's all I'm willing to pay for them. I've won much better stuff for less than my max bid on these hideous things. If I win great, if not oh well...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: