Friday, October 17, 2008

Air Penny 2 Atlantic Blue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today I found out that I had a partial Income Tax Refund check, but the place where I cash my checks at wouldn't cash it because it was dated 2/8/08. So now I guess I've got to go back to the place and get them to issue me another one. I can't really be that pumped about it....but it is gonna contribute to the groceries and I may get myself Married with Children Season 9 since it just came out. It's definitely a blessing though. Other than that, I went to my moms house and she let me use her computer (since she has windows 2007) to print my Resume'. I tried to get a job at TNT at Buckeye Plaza which would be great because I could wear my regular clothes, possibly get paid every week, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to take a drug test....though it's been a good while since I had some weed anyway. They had the Penny 2 and some Air Terra Humaras I had never seen. It was also the first time in person I saw one of those new brown boxes Nike is using. Wow. I haven't bought a pair of shoes since the all Black Hyperdunk in august. Game Stop said they would call me next week so I guess all I can do is wait. The dude at TNT seemed impressed with my resume and Fuckish at the same time....hopefully it's not the latter of the two. I called my ex-girlfriend Khrys to see what was up and she reminds me that tomorrow is sweetest day (fake ass holiday but whatever!), so I might be hooking up with her, but it's no telling what type of fuckery she might have in mind....maybe not though.

I was on NT yesterday and saw a post about...........

Ahhh The Atlantic Blue Penny 2...........
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What A great shoe! I'm glad I have a pair. Anyway, Niggaz on Niketalk are fretting because they aren't scheduled for release......but I say, why bother worrying? If you really want a pair, they seem to be cheaper than they've ever been on Ebay. I've seen more of these finish between 90-140 lately it's ridiculous, even the black pair!!!! I say it's ridiculous because there was a time when you couldn't find this shoe for less than 200-250 on Ebay in any of the three colorways. I will say that I share some NT'ers' sentiments on the fact that I'm stunned that they released the boring ass allstars over these, but knowing Nike, they'll just whore out this shoe like they've done all the other Pennys that have been retroed......

Air Penny 1....Retroed first in 2000 with the "Orlandos" being a quickstrike, the all blacks as a GR slightly revamped with more leather and a complete lack of blue unlike the OG all blacks, and the white/blue pair as a GR along with a new "Chicago" colorway. Returned as a reRetro in 2004-05 with nothing but
Retro+ colorways....Grey/White, White/Black, White/Red, and the Knicks colorway, then they Retroed the "Orlandos" and "Chicagos" again as GRs in holiday 2006. Completely killed this shoe.

Air Penny 2....Black/Blue released on 9/27, and the allstars are supposed to come out in November, they're also supposed to have a black and red colorway, but this is only the beginning....it's no telling what they have in mind for these....though I can't lie, I haven't got a black retro pair yet, but they're at the top of my list. They didn't change too much with them either....they did them like how they did the White Orlando Penny 4....by giving it a much brighter and more vibrant blue....and a much smaller bubble. LOL.

Air Foamposite One.....Let the whoring continue....after bringing back the true foam one in February 2007, they decided to keep that going by releasing virtually the same shoe as the foam pro...other than the swoosh on the side and the different bottom for 30 dollars more than the pro and 20 dollars more than the OG foam ones
($200). So far they've came out in All Black, Black/Red, Black/Cactus, Army Green, and they're supposed to make an eggplant colorway of these like the Flightposites that came out in 1999. Completely killed this shoe.

Air Penny 3....Scheduled to release both the Black/Blue, and the White/Liquid Blue colorways in Spring 2009....much like the Penny 2, only god knows what they have in store for these...maybe we'll see those all white liquid samples that they never released.

Air Penny 4.....First released in Fall 1998 around the same time as the Air Jordan 14 and the Air Pippen 3. This shoe has to have had the longest tenure of any sig shoe ever! The Air Penny 4 OG ran from Fall of 1998 To Spring 2001 and they came out in about 20 colorways.....bringing out the Black Orlandos twice!!! I guess that's why they didn't retro them in 2006, but even with them not bringing them back they still brought out about 15 colorways, most of which were undesirable. One thing I hated about this shoe was the fact that just putting them on your feet is a production in itself, and they should've made the strap across the tongue near the top removeable. They killed this shoe in it's OG run, the retroes just made it worse.

So, with the fact that they've pretty much killed or are in the process of killing every Penny, why would these be spared? Like I said on NT, other than the Penny 4 and it's OG run of 15-20 colorways, what OG colorway of a Penny haven't we seen? I'm sure we'll see these.

We've still got the Air Force High from 93, The Air Prevail, The Air Ups, The Air Go LWP (I consider that more of a Tim hardaway shoe), and the Air Flight One to look forward to I guess.....

We will see the Atlantic Blue pair again though.

No comments: