Monday, November 3, 2008

Reminisce Session #5: OG 1992 Air Jordan 7 Bordeaux All Star

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Pair that isn't dead yet. The pic even comes up in google! Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is my favorite Air Jordan of All Time. I love these. I have two pairs myself but one pair is completely unwearable and the other pair that has held up is slowly dying. I can't believe these haven't retroed yet but I guess Gentry and the other idiots at JB have viewed these as a risk because of the overly 90's "UMEN" (For you older heads like myself) type colorway. I could see them being a LS but these would be awesome if they just GR'd in lower quantities....sorta like the OG colorways 99 4's, the 03 Cement 3's, or the White/Flint Grey/Purple 7's from 06. I do have a theory that gives me some hope that we'll see these in the future. Every OG colorway of the 7 has been retroed except these. I also believe that they use other non traditional OG colorways as tests for future releases. I hated the fact that they made the Grape 5 a LS and when I got my pair, I paid 225 from NEXT because they were the only place in Cleveland with them....though City Blue ended up having them a few days later for 180.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I miss my Grapes and definitely regret selling them. Anyway, with the success of the Grapes, it looks as if JB felt more comfortable releasing the aquas (even with that awful dark grey....on the OG's the Grey is what set that shoe off) as a GR.Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Maybe they're looking at the poor sales of the Olive 9's in 2002 that make them weary of retroing these.

Here's my theory.
Black/Red-Purple-December 2002
Olympics-August 2004
Cardinals-April 2006
Hares-June 2008
Bordeaux-Sometime in 2010???????????????

That would be a dream come true. Sure there are pairs on Ebay now DS in the 500-800 range but I see no point if I can't wear them. These and Air Carnivores are the only shoes I could truly call GRAILS.

Air Jordan 7 Commercial US w/Bugs Bunny.

Air Jordan 7 Commercial UK

Please Nike Please Nike Please Nike Please Nike Please Nike Please!!!!!!!!

No comments: