Thursday, November 6, 2008

Our President.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nuff Said. Or is it? Now that I think about it, there's more for me to say. I'm glad that he won...no, not just because I'm a black man, but of the effect that this will have on things. There's finally someone for younger black males to look up to that's a positive public figure that's not an athelete or an entertainer. A man that puts emphasis on family, and who has a strong black woman at his side as he becomes one of the most powerful men (if not the most powerful) in the free world. This election actually made people feel good and have pride in voting. There were a lot of people around that were my parents age (Early 50's), that had never voted before until this election. This way my third time (2000, 2004, 2008), and I guess it's true what they say, the third time is the charm, because I'll never forget this as long as the good lord keeps me on this earth.

There are so many older people in my life that are choked up about this, and this was one of the few times in my 27 years and 11 months that I actually saw my father tearing up. History has definitely been made.

Thank you Jesus for bringing us such a wonderful man to lead our country like Barack Obama. Thank You.

No comments: