Friday, November 7, 2008

The Cool Kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A lot of times when I listen to music nowadays, I feel like those old heads that used to tell me I didn't know what good music was back when I was a teenager in the 90's. So much music that comes out now is absolute crap...even from artists that have made shit that I like and own. I don't feel like Hip Hop is dead, I just feel like it's creators and purveyors are targeting a different audience...much like Jordan Brand is with some many great shoes that us old heads love and covet. When I was running CD/Game Exchange I used to just look in amazement at how all that new bullshit would sell....shit like Shop Boyz, Soulja Boy, Flo-Rida...I could go on and on.

The Cool Kids are a breath of fresh air for me. They've been around the last couple of years, but this year they finally came out with their CD "Bake Sale".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I LOVE IT.
I do because It's got an old school vibe to it. I got a kick of The Chicago Bull logo with sunglasses and the drawing of a Fire red Jordan 4 inside and on the disc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The beats for the most part are excellent, and the subject matter isn't like what
most rappers today rap about. It is only an EP, but If you don't already own this CD or don't have it downloaded, get that shit!!!! It's definitely worth it.

No comments: