Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Reminisce Session #6: 1998 Air Max Plus

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Another shoe that I love and feel lucky to have. I feel in love with these as soon as I saw them at Champs in fall 1998. I don't have OG's of this colorway, but I do have the retro. Other than the weird fit (I had to get these in a 12) and it being impossible to keep the mesh clean and the plastic clear looking (they improved that with the retro), this is one great running shoe and seems to be very popular overseas. I had the OG orange fire looking pair but they cracked on me in 2006. Nike has whored this shoe out releasing it far too many times and in too many different variations.I also think it looks like ass with the Air Max 97 bubble.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nike Is Taking This Hybrid shit a little too far. These Hybrids are as bad as Nike Basketball (Excluding a few shoes LOL) was from 1999-2004.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a cute, I want to go to a game so bad, I cant wait to come home, I miss Cleveland

Eccentric M said...

I also have love for AM Pluses, especially the white/black/orange ones. Too bad I sold 'em...

Anonymous said...

Man you remember the blue/black nike air max plus 2? Timcity wore them last week I need those! They were a favorite of mine back then. I have not seen them anyway since then