Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reminisce Session: 1995 Air Jordan 10 "Chicago".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

These take me back to 8th grade when MJ came back to the Bulls for the last 17 games of the 1994-95 season. Their first game was an Overtime road loss to Indiana on March 19, 1995. I had the shadows by then but as soon as I saw these I wanted them. This was the first time that I can remember a Jordan being released that didn't come out everywhere. They came out with the powders around that time, but I wanted these. I remember some of my classmates getting the powders and coloring the blue strips red. I knew if I was lucky enough to get the powders my dad would've looked at me crazy if I did that. I remember him getting me the 94 1's around this time since they were on sale for 55 bucks at Champs and being mad at me for not tying them up all the way. I still have those 1's. I had to get another pair of shadows around 2003 because my OG pair was TOO done.

Like most shoes, I reminisce about these because I've always wanted them. I felt that these would've been better in the first countdown pack then those sorry ass shadows. Think how much more that countdown pack would be sought after if they put the Playoff 13's and these Chicago 10's. I have the Playoff 13's, but I would've gotten that pack if they did that.

1 comment:

Jay Em said...

I heard they're re-releasing all the City 10's?